КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № I
Вариант № 3
I. Перепишите данные ниже предложения. Определите по грамматическим признакам, какой частью речи является слово, оформленное окончанием -s , какую функцию это окончание выполняет, т.е. служит ли оно: а) показателем 3-го лица глагола ед. числа в Present Indefinite, б) признаком множественного числа существительного или в) показателем притяжательного падежа существительного. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Our manager receives many reports every day.
2. The dark sky was full of stars.
3. They often meet their friends here.
4. He was one of the creators of this theory.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их, учитывая особенности передачи на русский язык определений, выраженных именами существительными.
1. There is a bus stop not far from here.
2. He is a doctor in a children hospital.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, содержащие разные формы сравнения, и переведите их на русский язык.
1. Venus is not as large as Jupiter but it is the brightest planet of the solar system.
2. One of my aunts is 2 years younger than me.
3. The more you learn, the more you know.
4. The Volga river is longer than the Oka River.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на перевод неопределенных местоимений и наречий.
1. We've run out of spare parts, go and bring some, please.
2. Any correspondence student of our university must learn at least one foreign language.
3. Have you got any questions?
V. Перепишите данные ниже предложения, определите их видовременные формы и укажите их инфинитив; переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Yesterday I met my former schoolmate and we talked a lot.
2. He will be here in 2 days.
3. Every 2 weeks he calls his parents.
4. The young man didn't say a word and left.
VI. Прочтите и устно переведите на русский язык весь текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2, 4 и 5-й абзац текста.
1. According to the opinion of many scientists the history of modern theoretica1 atomic physics begins with Bohr’s atomic theory of 1918.
2. Niels Bohr, the great Danish physicist, was born in Copenhagen, Denmark. In 1903 he entered the University of Copenhagen and in 1907 he distinguished himself sufficiently to receive the gold medal of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences. Two years later he received his degree of Master of Science in physics and in 1911 - the doctorate, for which he had investigated the electron theory of metals.
3. In 1912 Bohr went to work at Rutherford’s laboratory in Manchester. Working at this laboratory he created his model of the atom, retaining "the nucleus and the revolving electrons" of Rutherford’s atomic model and making use of Plank's quantum theory.
4. Bohr's theory states that for each atom there are a series of fixed orbits in which the elections travel without emitting light. In these orbits electrons are in stationary states because their energy content does not change and they travel at uniform speed. However, disturbance by an impact or by exterior radiation may cause a temporary displacement of the electrons, and they at once try to return to the home orbit by means of jumps. Each jump is accompanied by the emission of a quantum of light.
5. His model gave the impetus to the development of quantum mechanics. Niels Bohr received the Nobel Prize for physics in 1922. He is the author of numerous books and papers.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 2
Вариант № 3
I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе б) обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
a) 1. The apparatus will be working when you come.
2. Engineering has reached a high stage of development and does great wonders now.
3. Chemistry is increasingly penetrating our homes.
b) 1. The gamma-rays are affected by a magnetic field.
2. Elements are characterized by some properties distinguishing them from other substances.
3. The problems connected with the construction of the new canal are being studied by a group of specialists.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните Participle I и Participle II, установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. When applied the new method helped to increase the output of the factory.
2. A neutron is a particle having the same mass as a proton, but carrying no electrical charge.
3. Hydrogen is the lightest substance known.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The work was to be finished before the metal cooled.
2. Every generation has to leave something worth-while on earth.
3. The Moon could also be used as a site for atomic and thermonuclear stations.
4. Specialists should know the instructions very well.
IV. Прочитайте и устно переведите на русский язык с 1-го по 6-й абзацы текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2, 3, 5 и 6-й абзацы.
1. Ukhta is one of the largest industrial centers in the Komi republic. Prospective oil and gas fields in the Ukhta region have long attracted explorers and geologists as well as enterprising businessmen. The absence of communication and roads, severe climatic conditions, impassable thick forests prevented from rapid development of the region. And only in 1920 the wealth hidden in the entrails of the earth was put to the service of people.
2. In 1929 representative geological expedition arrived in Ukhta and started prospecting for oil. A settlement was built on the banks of the Ukhta River in the place of the first oil plant. In I943 the settlement got the status of a town. Thus new town appeared on the map of the Komi republic. The population of Ukhta has reached the number of more than 130 000 people.
3. Nowadays Ukhta is a center of oil and gas industry in the northern part of the Republic. Ukhta supplies with gas Moscow, St. Petersburg and many other industrial cities of the country. Gas is also delivered abroad.
4. Industrial enterprises in Ukhta produce different products. The Ukhta Oil Refinery produces diesel oil, different kinds of soot, condensed gas and other products necessary for economy. There are over a dozen industrial enterprises in Ukhta: Mechanical and Repairing Plants, Housing Construction Plant, Furniture Factory and others.
5. Ukhta is also a cultural center of the region. There is a State Technical University training specialists in economics, geology and geophysics, for building, forestry, oil and gas industries. There are also colleges, lyceums, and branches of some universities.
6. The town is constantly building and rebuilding. The old Ukhta has been a town of wooden houses. Now Ukhta has changed beyond recognition. New blocks of multistoried buildings, schools, nurseries, shopping centers are being built in Ukhta. Ukhta is fast growing as a sports center. Many sportsmen from Ukhta have won world recognition.
V. Прочитайте вопрос. Какой из вариантов ответа соответствует по содержанию одному из предложений текста.
How many industrial enterprises are there in Ukhta?
1. There are over a dozen industrial enterprises in Ukhta.
2. There are three technical schools in Ukhta.
3. Industrial enterprises in Ukhta produce different products.